Why is an eyecare regime so important?
Imagine a life without vision or living with debilitating conditions.
Eye Care has always been important, but we now have research and clinical trials to help us show just how crucial it really is.
We’re no strangers to the rituals of nightly skincare routines, or taking good care of our hair with conditioner, masks and more, so why do we often neglect arguably the most important sensory organ in our bodies – our eyes?
Several conditions can cause changes in eyesight, some even leading to permanent vision loss, so having an eye care regime is important for maintaining good eye health and preventing a variety of vision problems and eye diseases. Here are several reasons why having an eye care routine is crucial:
- Prevention of Vision Problems: Regular eye tests can help detect and prevent vision problems such as myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism, and presbyopia (age-related vision changes).
- Early Detection of Eye Diseases: Routine eye exams can catch eye diseases and conditions early, such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy. Early detection often leads to more effective treatment and preservation of vision.
- Preventing Eye Strain: In today's digital age, many people spend hours staring at screens, leading to digital eye strain. An eye care routine includes products designed to reduce eye strain and dryness
- Protecting Against UV Damage: UV radiation from the sun can damage your eyes and increase the risk of conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection is an essential part of eye care.
- Preserving Overall Health: The eyes can provide early signs of systemic health issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and autoimmune diseases. Regular eye exams may lead to early detection of these conditions.
- Quality of Life: Good vision is a key factor in the quality of life. Maintaining healthy eyes allows you to enjoy various activities and experiences fully.
- Long-Term Eye Health: Investing in an eye care routine from a young age can contribute to long-term eye health and reduce the risk of age-related vision problems.
Ageing, eye surgery and excessive screen time can all be the cause of dry, sore, gritty eyes. The Eye Doctor’s 3-step eye care regime helps to address the underlying causes and provides relief from the symptoms so you can live in comfort.
Our regime offers effective treatments, developed for the relief of:
- Dry Eye Disease
- HEAT using an Eye Doctor Antibacterial Compress to open up blocked eyelid glands and melt the hardened oils back to a buttery consistency
- CLEANSE using The Eye Doctor Biodegradable Eyelid Wipes or Lid Cleansers to clean dirt and debris from the lids and lashes
- REVIVE with The Eye Doctor preservative-free Eye Drops to give instant hydration and comfort from burning sensations
What do our customers say?
Alexandra recently got in touch with us to share her wonderful success story of how a daily eye care regime using our products helped eliminate her dryness, redness and inflammation.
- Would you recommend The Eye Doctor and Optimel to anyone suffering with dry, sore, gritty eye symptoms?
- “Absolutely, but I would also stress the importance of having a rigorous and structured eye routine; it is a chronic condition which requires conscientious management. But with a combination of treatments, the results make such a difference. I’m lucky that dry eyes have never affected my vision, just made life more uncomfortable. And now the condition is much improved, I’m really feeling the benefits; my eyes feel much more like they used to.”
In summary, an eye care regime is essential for preserving your vision, detecting eye diseases early, and maintaining overall health. Regular eye exams, proper eye protection, and healthy lifestyle choices are all vital components of an effective eye care routine.
Date: 2nd October 2023
Follow our social channels for more Dry Eye content!